Saturday, February 4, 2012

The Help

Tonight I got one of the biggest compliments I have ever received. We were talking about movies and Taylor McCall-- worship pastor at Clearwater told me that I reminded him of Skeeter from The Help. Seeing as how I get picked on daily, I asked "why, because she has a southern accent?" he just laughed and said "No, they all have southern accents. But it's because of her feist and courage."

At this point of mine and Taylor's friendship.. He knows me, but we haven't known each other that long. To say that he sees these things in me obviously means that it's a concrete part of my personality. This must mean that this is not something I've mastered or created on my own. But that I've been created to have these features to bring glory to God's name. I pray that I can use them at work where I'm surrounded by unbelievers. That I would be courageous and feisty when it comes to defending my King and standing firm in what I know is true.

Taylor also mentioned something earlier tonight that opened my eyes through God's word. He said that sometimes I forget why I want to be here, that if heaven truly is greater than why be here? (like Paul) But we have been called out to make our God known, to make disciples in all nations! To be prepared for our inheritance, and when all nations hear the gospel then the Lord will come for his bride. That is why it's exciting to be here, because either way every tongue will confess and we WILL MEET OUR SAVIOR! I don't know about you, but that makes me want to do all that I can until that day comes. It makes me desire for the words that come out of my mouth to be His words, not mine.

What has the Lord given you in order to prepare yourself for eternity? Are you using these things? Let's learn this together and show each other in community and encouragement.

No comments:

Post a Comment